BAC proudly launches Single-Session Chess Clubs ONLINE!
ZOOM Link for this Meeting: https://zoom.us/j/97029821665
Room passwords are changed weekly, emailed to you before the session.
BAC Clubs are back! 1 hour casual Learning + Games in a comfortable online atmosphere! Clubs will contain any combination of lessons, group activities or puzzles/demonstrations, and sprinkled with paired play or practice tournaments (coach discretion) in our new low-ratio Online format!
Holiday Schedule: All Clubs will be Closed November 25-29 and December 23-27.
Clubs will be open on 12/30 - 1/2/21
1) Register at one of the 4 timeslots above (or in menu) and make the single-class payment to join ($20).
2) The Zoom Link is included on each Course Page, we email the weekly password to registrants as the date approaches.
3) If you are using these clubs as a Make-up session, let us know which course you would like to attend and we will send you the session credentials.
4) If using online credits, Register by contacting Jason@bayareachess.com and Enrich@bayareachess.com and we will deduct from your total and manually add you. (See bottom if using Club-bundles from 2018-2019)
Clubs use our Default Level system as below:
Level 1: Absolute Beginners (Needs help with the piece movement and unable to Checkmate)
Level 2: Beginner Level (Usually under a year of chess or below 400 rating, or Chesskid 400-999)
Level 3: Intermediate (A few Years of Chess or under 900 USCF rating, or Chesskid 1000-1299)
Level 4: Advanced (Tournament Players, 900-1300 rating, or Chesskid 1300-1600)
It is preferred that Absolute beginners join us for Level 1 courses before attending Clubs, as club lessons will expect all players to know basic piece movement.
Higher Rated players are encouraged to look into TEAM classes or Level 5 Courses.
Join BAC at ChessKid.com!
Want to join us at www.ChessKid.com for pairing games and tournaments?
If you are not already a member of the BAC club on Chesskid, the coach can provide a guest account for you. If you already have a Chesskid account but are not in the BAC club, please follow the instructions below:
How to register/import to Bay Area Chess if you already have an account (Not a BAC account):
1) Login to your Chesskid account and go to: https://www.chesskid.com/settings/account
2) Click on "Do you have a group registration key"
3) When prompted for a registration key, enter WJNF6R
4) We will manually confirm to our General Club soon after. Please make sure the Student first/last name is on the account so that we match up the name and proper roster.
Also, please pass the new club options along to Friends/Family! We would love to spread the love and make drop-in sessions as popular as they ever were! (Note that friends or family out of state can now join as well!!) Bay Area and Beyond
Stay Safe! Have Fun! Play Chess!
A note about Bundles (2018-2019)
While new Club bundle-classes are not currently for sale, we have incorporated the Bundle program so that you may use those pending credits for online drop-in classes. We have converted your bundles into a dollar amount instead of a classes-remaining format, so that you have a total credit ($) available. This is to account for some old clubs being $30 or $40, and new clubs being $20. The 'extra class' in your bundle has been added to the value, you did not lose it ;)
If you would like to use from your pool of funds for a drop-in club (Wednesday, Saturday-AM, Saturday-PM or Sunday), OR FOR ANY OTHER ONLINE OFFER, simply email your request to Enrich@bayareachess AND to jason@bayareachess (Coach Jason is the new Online Club coordinator and will be in charge of managing your credits).
Expiration: Your 2018-2019 Bundles are normally set to expire after 1 year, but we have extended this by 12 months due to the pandemic. The "Free-Class" value of $30-$40, however, will expire on March 14th, 2021 (which will be between 1 and 3 years from the original purchase).