Bay Area Chess Teams on Saturdays!
BAC Team Categories and Classifications
BayAreaChess offers 2-3 different categories of Teams (depending on the season). Players and students are welcome to inquire about these based on their USCF rating and tournament experience. Please note that the Online Teams have a REQUIRED minimum USCF rating, while the In-Person Team can substitute online ratings, like LiChess or Chesskid, though must be over 1200 as a minimum.
THE BAC TOURNAMENT TEAM
Location: UU CHURCH IN PALO ALTO
Rating MUST be 600-1450, or 500+ if older than 7.
Meets on 5 SCHEDULED Saturdays 12-2 PM PT
2024 Meeting Dates: 1/27, 2/10, 2/24, 3/16, 3/30
Head Coach: Wolfgang Behm + rotating Guest Instructor (by enrollment)
BAC 1100+ ONLINE DROP-IN TEAM, 1ST AND 3RD SATURDAYS OF THE MONTH
For Kids OR Adults 1100+ USCF Rating
(or 1400+ Online Rating)
Meets: 1st and 3rd Saturdays of the month (some off-dates may apply)
11AM-1PM PT ONLINE
REGISTER FOR ONE LESSON AT THE TIME, NO MONTHLY COMMITMENT!
Head Coach: GM Steven Zierk
Learn More / REGISTER
SCHEDULE OF TEAM MEETINGS
Team Fees, Policies & FAQ
Welcome to BAC Teams! Please read and acknowledge BAC Teams Policies:
- Online BAC Team Classes are held on 1st and 3rd Saturdays of each month, these are on a drop-in basis, meaning that you can purchase just one Team class at the time to attend. No commitment for the series of classes.
- In-Person Team Classes include 2 hours of the committed training with the team and Titled Team Coach(es) on scheduled Saturdays each month.
Registration is through the BAC Enrichment webpage: https://enrichment.bayareachess.com/BACTEAMS
In-Person Teams come with an established range of dates and are hosted every other week.
IN-PERSON & ONLINE CHESS TEAMS POLICIES
- NO PRORATES for the Team classes to be missed or missed Team classes.
- NO REFUNDS.
- CANCELLATIONS: We do not provide any refunds if you want to cancel your enrollment. No exceptions. Credit may be applicable to the BAC Chess Clubs. To inquire, please email the BAC Enrichment Team to firstname.lastname@example.org
- MAKE UP for the missed In-Person (only) Chess Team Class: A make-up can be scheduled at the BAC Chess Club (either in-person or online). The make ups must be completed within the same month as the Team class was missed. To request a make-up please send an email to the BAC Enrichment Team for the details to email@example.com
- No make ups for the Online chess Team Class, as the classes are drop-in. You can transfer the fee for the next available Team class. For the details please email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Remember to please register early for the Team classes, as many of our weekend events fill up. Enrollment is also necessary for us to determine staffing requirements for Teams, which is vital for optimal learning groups.
Q: What's the difference between the Weekend Clubs and the BAC Teams?
A: The clubs are more casual, fun atmosphere. Teams focuses on tournament play/analysis. Please send us an email to email@example.com with any question anytime!
Q: What is expected from the Team members?
A: We recommend to spend several hours a week on chess at home.
Q: Is there a maximum number of team members for each team?
A: Yes. All teams are open by space allowed. We provide a second coach if the number of Team members in the Team is larger than 12.
Q: Your Question here? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org