EVERYONE IS WELCOME
Saturday or Sunday - 4 locations, 5 possible times
Special Events @ our Weekend Clubs
Be there or be square!
Upcoming Special Event
Try out our Tournament of Variants at the Cupertino Chess Club! Come enjoy a 4-round non-rated Swiss Tournament where every game features a different Chess Variant, which will be randomized from a pool of options each round! Players will be instructed on how the rules work before each game starts. The Events are held every other Month in Cupertino from 5-8 pm. No special registration needed, as these events will be treated as a regular club session. Trophies to top scorers and every participant will go home with a prize! Some prizes will even be randomized.
Tournament of Variants Dates:
November 11, 2018 (variants played: No-Check Chess, BattleShip-Chess, Half-Chess, Vampire-Chess). Winner: Diya D. !
January 13th, 2019
March 17th, 2019
May 19th, 2019
Learn some fun new variants and have some pizza!
LIST OF SPECIAL EVENTS HELD IN OUR CLUBS:
- A Tournament of Variants! This is a 4-round nonrated Swiss Tournament where every game features a different Chess Variant, which will be randomized each round! Players will be instructed on how the rules work before each game starts. Learn some fun new variants and have some pizza! Prizes will also be randomized!
- Emporer's Chess Tournament at Cupertino (Kings have upgraded powers)
- Hunters Chess at LG (Which is better, a queen or two rooks?)
- "Mystery-Chess" Puzzle Competition at the Cupertino Club with pizza and prizes!
- Simul Event with GM Zviad Izoria (USCF 2715), at the Los Gatos Chess Club!
- "Practice-States" unrated Tournament and training for BAC students at the former Milpitas Chess Club
- Bug-House Chess Round-Robin Tournament: learn and compete in a popular and wacky Team-Chess event
- The Palo Alto Strategy-Games Club will be hosting the first of many Historical Abstract-Game Tournaments featuring the ancient Viking board game of "Hnefatafl" (rules review for new players and prizes for top-scorers)!
- "Mate-Craft" Chess-Puzzle Competition with Coach James and crew at the former Milpitas Chess Club: Experience the Curiosities of Chess (all ages)
Our Top Instructors on Weekends
Unique Blend of Learning & Fun!
- Drop off, casual games, pizza time
- Instruction time, practice
- Mini tournaments, paired games and more coaching time
Which Club to choose?
Absolulte Beginners @ San Jose, Palo Alto & Los Gatos locations
This club is ideal for student who would like to learn the basics of chess: pieces, moves, concepts.
We welcome students of age 5 and older.
Beginner Players @ Cupertino, San Jose, Palo Alto or Los Gatos locations
This club is ideal for students, who know how the pieces move and can play through a game. During this clubs players will be given a 30-45mins lecture, and will be paired with players of similar strength for a game.
We welcome players of age 6 and older. 5 year olds can enroll with special coach/teacher recommendation.
Intermediate Players @ Cupertino, San Jose, Palo Alto or Los Gatos locations
Intermediate players are players that have tournament experience or are ready to participate in their first tournaments and are prepared to learn advanced concepts of chess such as positional play, endgames, and learning how to use chess based learning tools.
Players aged 6 and older are welcome and players will be matched with others of similar strength.
Advanced Players @ Cupertino, Palo Alto & Los Gatos locations
With our advanced coaches, these clubs are specifically for rising players, who would like to take their game onto the next level. They will be challenged with tactical and strategic problems, as well as paired with other players with similar rating. They are expected to record their games, and our coaches will give personal feedback on their games.
For specific dates and fees, please click the Register for Clubs button.
Study of Selected Openings
Review Tactics Puzzles & Utilizing Tactics
Skeleton of the Pawns & the Muscle of the Pieces
True Focus Over the Chessboard
Register in advance or Drop-in?
The weekend clubs that BAC offers are focused on fun and casual chess, and hence we ALWAYS welcome drop-ins.
No need to pre-register, you can decide right before the club to bring your child and pay for drop-in on site with cash or check.
You can also purchase drop-in registration online on each clubs' page: enrichment.bayareachess.com/clubs/register-online
How to save $$$?
We are offering a completely new way for parents to save money when registering for weekend clubs:
Purchase a 10 bulk registration - aka "punch-card system": purchase a bulk of 10 club registrations and at the end you will get a FREE club entry (attending the 11th club is free). Note: due to the different prices at different locations, these punch-cards are non-transferable between locations.
Discounts & Policies
NUT FREE environment & No Food sharing policy: We keep a nut free environment at all of our classes, and we kindly asking every parent's support to help us with this. Please, do not send any food that contains nuts, and also educate and remind your child(ren) to not share food with other kids.
Sibling Discount: Please note that the sibling discount for the second child is 10% for both the drop-in or the bulk prices. The Sibling Discount will ONLY apply toward ONLINE payments.
If you purchased a bulk registration form for any of the clubs, and need to cancel for any reason (including but not limited to time conflict, change in mind, club not a good fit), we'll process your refund for a 10% admin charge. Got any questions or comments? Contact us and we'll get back to you as soon as possible!