BAC: In-Person San Jose Drop-in Club!
EVERY SATURDAY @ BAC OFFICE IN SAN JOSE!
9:30AM - 11:00AM. $25 per session (no advance registration necessary!)
By registering online, you are confirming/reserving a seat for the NEXT available Saturday Club session. You may register here or make a Cash payment at the door (on-location, preferred).
We welcome you to join us for our in-person Clubs.
- Currently only available in Palo Alto, or here at our San Jose BAC Office Location : Map
- Covid-Ready Facility and Masks Required. Due to CDC restrictions, masks will be required in the club until further notice.
- There will not be a parent-room available, it will be by drop-off / pick-up. You may sign-in at the door and students will enter alone.
- Club skill range is for Levels 2-4.
- At the end of class, students may trade any BAC-€oins they may have acquired in Chesskid or Over-the-Board tournaments for prizes using our Coin-store (BAC-€oins).
- If you have any pending credits with BAC (particularly 2019 Club bundles that have not expired yet), please email us in advance to register (do not register here) or let the coach know at the door so that we may accurately deduct from this credit.
Format (general estimate):
- Arrival: 9:25-9:30 AM
- ~0-25 mins: Students will engage in free-play with sanitized sets while we handle registration and collect all students, which also lets coaches do a general assessment of new students.
- ~25-45 mins: We will then shift to a lesson or demonstration, based on the estimated skill levels present, which may include splitting the class into learning groups. During this time, the boards/sets used previously will be swapped out for clean ones.
- ~5 mins: We plan to take a quick break where we wash hands and maybe even take an organized walk outside, at coach discretion.
- ~30-40 mins: Organized Paired-play and over-the-board Gaming.
- Pick-up at 11AM-11:05 AM. Please be prompt.