BAC'S In-Person FREMONT Drop-in Chess Club!
(Single Session Group Lessons)
No Registration Necessary, it's pay-at-the-Door! Come one Friday and not the next, at your leisure!
FRIDAYS IN FREMONT, 1/20/23 through 5/12/23 (the only BAC drop-in club closed for Summer)
CLUB TIMES: 4:30-6PM
OFF-Dates: 4/7, 4/14
WEIBEL ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
45135 South Grimmer BLVD, Fremont CA 94539
Room 32, next to Staff Parking Lot.
At-the-Door Payment: $30 per session (no advance registration necessary!)
By registering online, you are confirming/reserving a seat for the NEXT available Friday Club session. You may register here or make a Cash/Check payment at the door (on-location, preferred).
We welcome you to join us for our in-person Clubs.
- Currently only available in Palo Alto, Cupertino, San Jose or here at our Fremont Location.
- Masks will not be required, though recommended. Please do not attend the club if the child is sick or showing symptoms.
- There will not be a parent-room available, it will be by drop-off / pick-up. You may sign-in at the door and students will enter alone.
- Club skill range is for Levels 1-4 (or new to ~1250 USCF).
- Those students that are 'already on site' due to taking the prior session, may be paid for 'after' class at pickup.
10 Sessions for the Price of 8!
You may purchase a 2022-23 Club bundle, which will be tracked in the on-location binder. Purchasing 10 Fremont Club sessions in advance for the price of 8. Bundled classes have a full year to use (expires in 12 months) and DO NOT have to be used on consecutive weekends. Whenever you come in, skip the payment process and just sign in your punch-card style binder! Bundle options are not available for Online purchase at this time. Bonus: When your bundle is up, the student receives a special award - which increases in value each bundle that is completed!
Fremont Club classes will continue in the Fall. Unused bundles classes may be used at the San Jose/Milpitas Location (Sat Mornings or Afternoons) as well, if needed.
Format (general estimate):
- Arrival 4:30PM
- ~0-25 mins: Students will engage in free-play with sanitized sets while we handle registration and collect all students, which also lets coaches do a general assessment of new students.
- ~25-45 mins: We will then shift to a lesson or demonstration, based on the estimated skill levels present, which may include splitting the class into learning groups. Game Analysis and deep practice!
- ~30-40 mins: Organized Paired-play and over-the-board Gaming.
- Pick-up at 6:00PM. Please be prompt.