Testimonials on this page are unsolicited and posted either anonymous or with permission to disclose names.
We take each and any feedback seriously and use it to make steps towards a better experience for all!
FALL/WINTER CAMPS 2019-20
SUMMER CAMPS 2019
June 27, 2019 - Xuebin Guan
FROM OUR CAMP SURVEYS:
- Very good customer support
- Great Camp. Our son (11 years) loved it! Great Challenge.
- I like the fact that you also include a physical activity such as kids playtime in the playground | park & a emotional aspect such as kids making friendships thru mutual interests , while learning a great life skill such as Chess.
- Kids were a good mix, friendly.
- I appreciate separating out the older kids (ie teen camp)
- He enjoyed playing chess with different other kids, we don't know how to play at home.
- Nothing, you guys are great
- Nothing, or perhaps badges or t-shirts fr Chess Coaches as well as sometimes when the Coaches are in the playground monitoring the kids it is tough to notice them right away.
- The only thing my son disliked was the park with the big boulder -- he said he thought there was nothing to do there and sometimes there were flying bugs that prevented him from eating his lunch. He did enjoy Magical Playground.
"I am honored to write a testimonial for how great & positive a influence BAC has been on my son Sujay ‘s overall success in school and in other areas of his life. BAC has been one of the greatest sources of pride in my son Sujay’s life, it has positively contributed both to his academic success at school as well as his athletic and his emotional success and overall has helped to shape his character and personality. I fully recommend Chess, particularly Chess that is professionally taught and talent nurtured with care and passion such as that taught by Bay Area Chess" - Parent of Sujay D., July 2019
FALL-WINTER-SPRING BREAK CAMPS 2018-19
"My child has asked to attend more chess camps this summer--he can't get enough" - Parent of a k-3 student, March 2019
"My kids have been attending Bay Area chess camps for a few years. We love everything about the camps. The coaches are friendly and empowering the kids; the staff is accommodating and flexible. My sons' chess skills and focus have improved significantly, and they are enjoying their time at the camps! Thank you Bay Ara Chess!" - Elena K., parent of two siblings from the BAC Summer Chess Camp, August 2018.
""Thanks a lot for a wonderful experience!" - Andrei K., dad of a student from Winter Strategy Games Camp, Palo Alto, January 2018
"Thank you so much for your couching my son. He enjoyed the lessons very much. We were very lucky to have found your summer camps, weekend clubs and first team :-)" Yukari Y., mom of a First Team student
"My son LOVES this camp and begged me to sign him up to stay for the rest of the afternoon and do full day camps this week after his first half day of camp. We didn't realize this was more than simply a chess camp and that there are other strategy games that are so much fun too! He learned how to play a 5000 year old Egyptian game this morning and also got to go to the nearby Magical Bridge Playground to play outside too. It was hard to pry Dougie away today but he'll be back for the full day tomorrow. Thanks again for making my son's first ever camp experience so great for him!" Deanna C.
" Coach Faik: Thank you again for doing such a great job with all of the kids all summer. It was a huge job!" Jean K.
"My son attended chess camp in July. He was excited about chess going into camp and was even more excited about chess after the week. He is grown as a chess player over the last two years of BAC camps."
"My daughter said this camp is awesome, which is a first. Abstract gaming by Coach James is inspirational, more than we expected."
"Coach James is always fantastic - we chose that particular camp because we knew that he would be the coach! Edward really enjoyed the different games and activities - thank you so much!" Elizabeth W.
"I like the laid back atmosphere. The coaches seem helpful. He went last summer and did ask to go back again this summer, so that is a very good sign for me. That was definitely not true of several of the camps he attended." Janet W.